Sunday, October 4, 2009

Fat-Factory

Ok, so it's true. I fell off the wagon last night. Hard. I'm embarrassed to admit it- but it's the truth and it's what happened.

Marty took me to Cheesecake Factory and it's not even like I love the place. Let me back up for a second- I DO have something that made me happy to announce first. In the beginning of the night Marty sent me a text and told me it was a surprise date and to dress up. After raiding my entire wardrobe and finding nothing fabulous, I finally tried on some jean/slacks that I used to wear all the time in my skinnier days. They're super chic, they look like a pair of nice slacks but their dark jeans and they used to be a staple for me back in the day, but they also haven't fit in over a year. Last night they fit! I loved it! They're still tight around the top (I had a little muffin top- UGH!), I need to lose about 10-15 more pounds, but because they're loose slacks in the legs they fit. I wanted to take a picture to post before I left cause I was so excited but ended up getting distracted by which top to wear with them (to cover up the muffin top) and before I knew it, Marty was here and I had to run. Anyway, back to Cheesecake...

My first options were Houston's again or Javier's- but Marty didn't want to do Houston's twice and Javier's had a 2 1/2 hour wait. Really? It's good, but who waits 2 1/2 hours? So that's how we ended up at Cheesecake.

Even when we got there I was feeling pretty good because I don't love Cheesecake Factory. I would get into it, but it's not even worth it. Anyway, I got a blackened chicken sandwich, Marty got the chicken madeira. I ate a few pieces of bread, but didn't go overboard. We both had water. I don't know what happened, to be honest; bottom line is that I just ate too much. I wasn't even starving so why I couldn't control myself will forever remain a mystery. His madeira just looked so bomb and my chicken sandwich so plain and boring that we both started eating his madeira. Well, if we would've just split the madeira, I wouldn't be writing this post. We also split the chicken sandwich, which we both agreed afterwards was just too much. Neither of us really wanted it, and yet we both ate it. And of course we couldn't leave Cheesecake without having the Strawberry Shortcake; it's my favorite and he knows it. I said more than once I was too full but we always get dessert and even though he ate the same amount of food I did, he didn't seem to be bothered by the portion sizes. In fact, now that I think about it, as I was rolling around last night complaining and holding my stomach in pain, he never once said it was too much for him. Maybe it wasn't too much for him- in that case I'm super impressed. Anyway, I woke up this morning with a sick stomach ache, and an unwanted POUND on the scale. Now, I know the pound is water weight and will drop off, but it will take a day or two and it's time wasted I could've been dropping other pounds instead. I'm annoyed. I feel like typing in all caps: IT'S NOT WORTH IT! DON'T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I DID, CAUSE YOU'LL FEEL GUILTY AFTERWARDS.

Happy Eating. Ugh- eating DOES NOT sound pleasurable right now. I wonder how long it's going to take me to learn. I'm seriously pissed at myself. I don't want to talk about it anymore.

D

4 comments:

  1. Awww, Diz, dieting just stinks! that's all there is to it. I certainly understand how you feel. (You can read my blog if you forget my own griping about my pigouts.) But like a very wise woman recently said, "We'll just recommit." :} You're going to do this! You've already had real, physical, show in your pants results, remember. Wooo Hooo! the pants fit!!!!!!! :D Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreeing with Deb. Dieting is difficult, and after that there is the lifetime commitment to being careful. It is incredible how many calories are in the food at these chain restaurants. Best way to go is to avoid eating out as much as possible, when you make your own food, you know exactly what's in it. Keep your chin up and when you fall off the wagon, just get right back on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies so much for the great reminder. I do have to recommit, no matter how many times I fall off the wagon. It's part of the process!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh gawsh. I could eat an entire super-sized cheesecake with my eyes closed and my hands tied behind my bank.

    ReplyDelete