Thursday, October 1, 2009

I heart drops.

Aaaaahhhhh...the joy of blogging. So aggro right now.

I just spent the last hour composing the most delightful post- only to have the whole thing erased somehow. I don't even know what happened, it was there and then it wasn't. What a travesty. How can this happen? I see the save button highlight everytime I stop for a split second to think...and yet the post is MIA. *Sigh*...I will attempt to re-create it...but as you know recreation is never as fabulous as the original.

Ok- so here's what I was saying-

I woke up this morning and found to my utter shock that the scale was down a pound. A POUND! I loved it! I had to get off and on a few times to confirm. I have officially surpassed that stupid 151.2 that I was forever bouncing to. Blew it out of the water. NBD (no big deal); I'm rad and i know it. This is awesome to me for two reasons- one I've surpassed that mile marker, but also, I really wanted to make it to 148 by the end of September- so starting out October a pound further down then I thought I would be helped. I'm officially at 150.8. :)

Once the stupor wore off, I began to wonder, how did this happen? I've been stumbling at 151.2 for almost a month. Since the second week of September. Immediately my thoughts went to my diet and exercise- what have I done differently? I haven't worked out since Monday. I hate missing workouts and try never to do so, so to justify I will give you the top two reasons I've skipped:
#1) I've been so busy trying to tie up loose ends at work and dealing with other life fiasco's that I haven't had a chance to breathe. Last night I didn't even make it to bed til 2 am and I was wiped. I got up at 8 again this morning but of course I'm too tired to work out when I don't get enough sleep. Plus the fact that I'm running non stop with these issues of life right now. I know, I know..life is NOT an excuse to skip the gym. But for me- skipping sleep is.

The other problem (#2) is that I thrashed my legs in the gym on Monday and they've been so sore that the only thing I can do is yoga. I've been stretching and yoga-ing like a mad woman; but you know how it goes- you over do it and then little things like trying to sit down on the toilet become a harrowing experience. Yeah- that's been me. There was no way I could run; at this point walking has been a major ordeal. You should see me hobbling around, it's quite comical when I'm not wincing in agony. I've still tried my best to take the stairs and walk everywhere to keep the blood flow and the movement good; thanks to yoga I'm healing properly and quite quickly and should be to normal soon. I think by tomorrow I should be good to work out again- I already feel better today.

Anyway, that leaves diet. As I've mentioned before, I've become a faux vegetarian. 3 days on, 1 off is the current goal for a month (it sounds crazy...is it crazy?) You guys- I'm on a rampage right now. Marty just called to see if I wanted to go to dinner and threw out options of Pei Wei, all you can eat pasta at Olive Garden, or maybe Malibue Fish and I turned them all down. WHAT? I know- but I kindly explained to him that I haven't worked out since Monday and while I'd love to see him and would love to go eat, I can't eat like that right now at 9 at night on a week night and be successful on this diet. He was as confused as I was as the words were stumbling out of my mouth. He sat silent on the other end of the phone for what seemed like a lifetime. In fact, I had to ask if he was still there- literally I was like, "hello?" because I started wondering if maybe I'd lost the connection. To which he immediately responded, "no, you're right, you're right- you're so good. Of course you shouldn't. I get it, good girl, Diz." He's so sweet- I love his attempts to be supportive through this whole thing. We set Sat night/date night and he promised something good to make up for tonight (and I promised that on the weekend I wouldn't be so strict- we're so good at compromise). Let me tell you guys something- the fact that I just turned down those options...that's HUGE for me. HUGE. Still not sure I can make it through a whole weekend- you know my track record with Sundays and date nights with Marty.

So here's what I have had today; (super clean and healthy foods in case you're curious as to what I'm eating):

In the morning I had a fiber one bar and an orange. Not the biggest breakfast in the world and def much smaller than usual for me but I was in a hurry to get to work and didn't have time to do anything other than grab and go. I don't normally eat this small and don't recommend it- you'll be starving in an hour but unfortch this was the morning I was in.

For a mid morning snack (an hour later?) I had a bowl of fruit salad (blueberries, raspberries, mango, pears, apples and grapes spritzed with lemon- so tasty) and a bowl of kale salad (kale, almonds, cranberries, tomatoes, a little bit of olive oil with pepper and salt).

For lunch I had a soy-chicken dish with a lemon cream sauce (similar to a chicken scallopini cream sauce..mmmmm!)...What is soy chicken you ask? (I did- I asked the lady what it is cause it kinda freaked me out at first) It's "soy cooked like chicken". It looked like chicken- didn't taste like chicken but it wasn't bad at all and it filled me up so that was good. Veggies in the dish included zucchini, onions, squash, and red bell peppers. Quite tasty; I'll probably venture out to have it again at some point; thank you Mother's Market.

For afternoon snack I had an apple and another side of grilled veggies- zucchini again, squash, eggplant, green bell peppers, mushrooms, and red onions. Add some olive oil and salt to taste and this is heaven to me for some reason. I LOVE grilled veggies (grilled like- on a bbq with a skewer-mmm mmm good!)

For dinner- still haven't eaten. Haven't decided yet. I need something with bread- I haven't really had anything but fruits and veggies today and I'm craving something with a little more substance. I might break down and have eggs. Ha! I can't live without them! It's been a day and i'm already ready for them again....they're just so easssssyyyyy....

Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings! It's Friday guys- hope it goes by fast for you so we can get on to the weekend! Happy eating!

D

1 comment:

  1. WOOOO HOOO!!!!!!!! Lost a pound! You go girl! :D :D :D :D Wooo Hooo!

    ReplyDelete