Anyway, it inspired me to write my own list of 25 things I love about myself. How much do we celebrate ourselves and our lives? Here's my list, not in any particular order. I'm going to attempt to start off with physical traits I love (since this is a weight loss blog- I feel like this list should cover some things I love physically about myself) but obviously it may detract from that a bit since there are 25 things...
1) I love my eyes- they're expressive and pretty.
2) I love my hair- I have great hair. It's thick, it's healthy; beautiful.
3) I love my lips- while they're not as full as they used to be in my younger years- I still love the way guys always tell me they're full and they love kissing them- and they love my bottom lip especially. :)
4) I love my legs- I have GREAT, shapely legs.
5) I love my hands and feet- I have small hands and feet.
6) I love my forearms. I know this may sound weird to you but it's true! Their small and shapely from years of doing massage.
7) I have a great rack. Not as perky as they once were- but still beautiful.
8) I love being short. I'm 5'4- so most guys I talk to are taller than me. I like being the smaller one.
9) I love my ankles. They're small and cute and bony in a good way.
10) I love my teeth. They're white and straight and perfect for my mouth.
11) How could I love all of these things and not love my smile? It's crooked and has character, and I love it.
12) I love that I can tell great stories; at Christmas or at any other family function I'm always called upon by my cousins and/or my siblings to tell stories from my life and/or my dating life and I love it. In the right situation- I love being the center of attention and making other people laugh.
13) I love writing- and I love that I can do it with some talent. While I don't proclaim to be the best writer in the world, I can definitely tell I have some small talent at it.
14) I love that I'm so passionate- of course it's gotten me in trouble in the past- because passionate and emotional seem to go hand in hand (and emotional is not one of my favorite things)- but as I've gotten older and I've learned to bridle the passion a little bit- I love that I feel the fire in my heart whether it's for other people, or situations, or for my job. I love that I live life to the fullest.
15) I love being a woman. I love feeling feminine and pretty and/or sexy (at times- I definitely do not always feel this way.)
16) I love that I'm a college graduate. It was a big accomplishment for me.
17) I love that I have done a triathlon; and that I can be an athlete and be a strong woman.
18) I love being independent and knowing that I take care of myself. I don't need help from my family- although I do love them and am thankful for every bit of support they ever give me and have ever given me.
19) I love that I'm swiss (born in Switzerland)
20) I love that I can speak German- even if it's only crudely. It sounds cool that I can speak a foreign language. I love that I've had the opportunity to travel to foreign countries and see the world in a different way.
21) I love the spiritual side of me. I love knowing that God loves me and created me as a masterpiece and a crowning jewel.
22) I love knowing that my life is my own- and I can create of it what I want to.
23) I love my body and that it's healthy.
24) I love that my cheeks are rosy (it's hereditary from my dad)
25) I love being 31. I love my 30's.
I hope this post inspires you to remember all the things you love about yourself. Have a great weekend!