Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Update

I don't have much to report these days- I'm hanging by a thread as far as my eating/working out goes.  I'm not doing terrible...I'm not doing great.  If I lose anything this week, it will be a miracle.

I think the biggest problem I'm having is that I'm bored.  I'm bored with my foods.  Yes, they are all super healthy and tasty- but I eat them all the time.  I've been looking at new recipes to try something new, but that means actually cooking and planning.  And you guys know that this is my weak area...

I know I should work on my weaknesses so as to make them strong...but how do you do that when you don't particularly enjoy your weakness in the first place?

Anyway, more to come- I promise- just thought I'd give an update.

XOXO

D

4 comments:

  1. Yes, getting bored with foods is tough! I do freezer meals on Sunday and crockpot a lot so that I'm not spending forever in the kitchen in the evenings. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly, I think the solution is to keep on trekking. It's probably not what you want to hear - and I wouldn't either! But it must be part of the solution...I go through the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, Diz, sweet friend. May your thread be woven of unbreakable, unsnappable, always dependable, fibers. :D Deb

    "...a threefold cord is not easily broken..."

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh Dizzy you simply MUST try refried beans! i will forever sing their praises. they are soo versatile! if u have a kroger out there, i recommend kroger brand as the best; wal mart's is okay. i've heard trader joe's brand is good, too. but talk about a protein punch. if you eat them, expect to be full till your next meal. if you pair it with meat and/or cheese, expect to be full for a very looong time! and they're so cheap! a can usually lasts me 3-4 good meals, so i switch it up a lot! today i used la tortilla factory yellow corn tortillas refried beans, salsa, a little cheese, and lettuce. amazing!

    ps- i love YOU a whole ton! i see myself in your struggle! i used to be so closed off to this issue- i actually thought i was the only person who felt the way i did, or that you'd have to be really fat to feel this way. i see you- a totally beautiful and NOT FAT girl, and there is so much humanity. but i glory in your triumphs. :)

    ReplyDelete