Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Biggest Loser Death...

So my friends are holding a local Biggest Loser competition here in HB and at the last second I signed up at 1 am this morning.  It goes until the end of August and everyone is being measured by how much overall % of weight lost...so it should be interesting and I might have a fighting chance.  Entrance fee is $25 and winner takes the pot; there are also monthly prizes and 2nd and 3rd place prizes as well.  As far as I know, we have over 20 girls signed up so far.

I kinda needed this to kick me into gear.  All of my friends are in workout mode like I've never seen (thanks to this competition).  People are getting up at 6 and going running and then going to hot yoga right after for 90 minutes of sweating...and then back to the gym in the afternoons and to be honest it's making me nervous.  But I keep reminding myself, it's 3 months, and the way to win this competition is to be steady; not spastic.  Right?  Right?  I can do this...right????  I need a cheer team right now...I'm scared.  But I told myself last night- why not, even if you don't win, you need the motivation Diz.

I'm about to go to the gym right now...the good news is I ALSO have the Ragnar in October so this will keep me motivated to prepare for that with a lot of running.  OMG, what have I done to myself? Already I'm trying to watch what i eat...from here on out...everything matters.  Everything will matter.  I wonder how long I'll stay motivated for this...or how long other girls will stay motivated...as I was thinking about it this morning while driving around I thought to myself...3 months is a long time.  Doesn't seem like it, but when you're in it, it is long.  Some of these girls are insane tho.  I don't even know anyone who is in the competition who is "big" to begin with.  In fact, honestly, I'm one of the "biggest" ones involved.  Still, the game is based on % of weight lost.  I'm a little afraid; this is the first weight competition I've ever participated in.  Runs, triathlons, things of that nature- those are easy because you're only competing against yourself.  And it's up to you how well you do; no one sees your percentage of weight lost every week...(there's a spreadsheet that will go out every Tuesday to announce who's in the lead and show everyone's percentages.  No one's weight will actually be seen except by the girl that is the master leader of the whole thing.  She has to see everyone's beginning and ending weights to keep it honest).  I'm just scared because you know how motivated I'm usually not...and pressure has never been my friend.

Alright friends, I have to go to the gym.  Everyone else went this morning.  Instead I was pounding NOS and trying to wake up because I had appointments starting at 9 am for work.  I told myself though that starting next week I'm going to start going in the AM's too- remember I said I wanted to start lifting again?  Yeah...time to pull out all the stops.  My starting weight was 145.4.  My weigh ins will continue to be Saturdays, with reporting my #'s on Mondays (that's the deadline for all weigh ins- Monday at midnight).  This week will be an exception because of the holiday; Weigh in deadline will be Tuesday but because I'm going to Vegas on Thursday, I will probably weigh in Thursday morning and turn in that number.  So this week is a super short week (because I just signed up today and will be weighing in again on Thursday), but hopefully next week I can kick some booty.  I will keep you guys updated on everything of course; I know I keep saying this but honestly I need you guys to help me stay motivated and cheer me on because I'm scared.  It's not about the money to me (although it would be nice to win), I honestly just need something to push me to drop my last few pounds and I'm hoping this is it.  I know it sounds stupid, but honestly I am kind of scared.  I know how I am; I'm not someone who has ever done well under pressure and I'm not super motivated to begin with so...anyway, I'm rambling now.  I always operate out of fear first...but I'm learning to overcome that..  NO FEAR.  Should I take before and after photo shots too? I can post them for you guys to see to help me track myself...Wish me luck!!!

D

9 comments:

  1. Take before and after pics.. .you will love the results!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't be scared. You can do well with this challenge, and it will be fun. I will cheer you on! GO!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes photos. You can do this. And I'll be your biggest cheerleader - never ever doubting you can kick this contest's ass. Loves!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pictures and measurements! You can so do this - those chicks may be hard core now, but they don't know what's coming. You know what you have to do - and you will stick with it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can do it babes! Don't worry about 3 months...just concentrate on today..then do that again tomorrow. xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Go Dizzi Go Dizzi Go Dizzi GO!!

    Go Dizzi Go Dizzi Go Dizzi GO!!

    With a starting weight of 145.4 (that's 65.79kg) no wonder you look so hot. You need to take before and after shots Diz... you will surprise yourself. Then you will be OUR pin-up girl. I can see that six-pack now. Woohoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can SOOO do this lady!!
    One day at a time and you will be victorious by the end!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with everyone else who is saying taking before pics. I'd say take some measurements too. I hope you find the challenge and your training rewarding!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You can do this Diz!! Just think about the other girls doing this, do they have this kind of support to back them up? Probably not. You will rock this like you do everything else in life. Win girl, be the biggest loser!!

    ReplyDelete