Friday, December 4, 2009

Another awesome day!!! WOOT!

I can't believe it- Yoga must be transforming me or something (snicker). Seriously though- I got up and went to yoga again this morning and ALL DAY I've been walking around, amazed at how great my legs feel. They seriously feel 10 years younger. There is not an ache or a pain ANYWHERE in my body- which is odd because I think I was so used to there being something somewhere that I didn't even notice it anymore until it was all gone. You just adjust to how your body is feeling, and I've been tight and sore for awhile from all of the running and biking I've done over the years. I've been running since cross country my freshman year in high school- so half of my life. And my stretching hasn't been great over the years. I mean, every little pain is ALL GONE. (And I never even thought I was in pain- that's the best part). I feel all stretched out and healthy. I feel like a million bucks. My body seriously feels so much younger and "normal" now. It's hard to explain "normal", but I feel it. I've been grinning all day. It was hard to push through that yogic wall that hits you the first few times you go, especially because I didn't know there was a wall (I just heard about it on the first day of class from the instructor), but I think I broke through and I'm so happy! My class this morning was amazing. I am growing! I'm up at 5:30 now doing hot yoga! Who ever saw this day coming???

I've also been eating so much better because I come home and I'm determined to eat well since I just rocked it first thing in the morning (except for those stupid cupcakes today). I had a super healthy breakfast and a great lunch and then I went on a 2 hour bike ride with Marty. Well, my legs were feeling so good that I just had to take off and I left him in the dust. I didn't mean to, but I felt so good I couldn't help it! 22 miles later, I was still moving like no one's business and even though my legs were burning, it was a great burn and I was loving it. I seriously feel so great!

Ok- this post seriously wasn't meant to be a pro-yoga post, but turns out it was. I'm feeling super motivated, super confident in my skin, and ready to take on the world. Let's hope for a great weekend for all of us! Weigh in is Monday for me and since I got a late start on the week I HAVE to stay strong through the weekend. Wish me luck!

D

1 comment:

  1. :) So glad you didn't let your cupcake slip rob you of appreciating all of the GOOD stuff in your day--there certainly was a lot! 22 miles and still going strong! Awake at 5:30 a.m. !!!!

    I DO have one concern, tho: You have made no comments on my blog for daaaayyysss. Did I neglect to tell you that you will absolutely lose 5 calories from the food you've already eaten for every word you post to my blog?

    Well, ok, maybe not--but I love comments!

    Deb

    Deb

    ReplyDelete