Sunday, April 25, 2010

Coming up for Air

Well, I'm finally starting to re-surface from the conference.

I think something is wrong with me.  It seems to me that guys either LOVE me (we're talking the most intense turbo love that exists), or they're not interested at all.  Allen, the guy I met bowling on Tuesday, is already sending comments via text about "if/when we get married"...mind you, it hasn't even been a full week.  We have a date scheduled for next Tuesday and everyday there are multiple texts letting me know that he's so excited, he can't wait, he's planning and planning, I'm so beautiful, etc.  Don't get me wrong, I love the compliments, I say keep them pouring in.  But the comments about if we get married, or when we settle down, they're a bit much for me considering we just met.  Meanwhile, Nick, the super cute guy who has been milling around in the background for a few years now, who happened to show up at the conference and happens to be good friends with my roommate, treats me like his little sister.  He's been friends with several of my friends for years, so he's always been 'around' ...but this year/conference is the first time he's actually acknowledged my existence, and kind of because he had to.  We were at Ihop at 2 am on Friday night and I sat across from him, so unfortunately for him- he was forced to start speaking to me.  By last night's Ihop run he was throwing his arm around my neck and knuckling my head.  Meanwhile he had my roommate's other friend- who is insanely gorgeous, locked in the corner in deep conversation- and the way he was touching her was DEFINITELY not familial.  :( Booo....

Other than the men- the conference has been good.  I'm so glad it is here in HB so that I can leave and go do my thing if I want.  Since I didn't go to bed til 4 am Friday night, I was able to sleep in Saturday morning (hence no weigh in...which you knew I wasn't going to do after a 2 am Ihop run), get laundry done, and do some errands that I needed to before going back into the pen.  I went on a 5 mile run yesterday and it was so nice to just zone out in the middle of the chaos that has been happening and feel something familiar.  Normally during festivities such as this, I don't ever seem to find the time to workout, but if all the girls that are staying here can go for 1/2 an hour, I can do it too.  This morning there are several breakfasts going on around town but I'm still too full from last night's Ihop fiasco so I won't be going, even for social reasons.  I've reached my social peak and still have the rest of today and half of tomorrow to keep going...

I did try speed dating for the first time in my life this weekend.  Hmmm.....

Here are some pics from the weekend:


This is Heather and I at check in Friday night...we're so excited! Haha...


Emily and I pre-speed dating.  Notice we still have smiles on our faces!


We survived speed dating!


Sara, Kylee and I pre-dance last night...


Me and Christina on the way to Ihop...


Christina, Nate, and Brooke being HI-larious post breakfast at Ihop (it WAS 2 am..)

Ok lovies- more to come!

D

7 comments:

  1. Um - could you be any cuter? I hate you. Just kidding...sort of. Smooches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lOVE THE PICS! I am so glad your having a great time! You look amazing! Yay for the run! Definately of they can find time you can too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a fun time. I never tried speed dating. Sounds like it would be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Diz! Glad you're having fun AND taking time to do what you need to for yourself, too. :D

    I have a bulletin for you: You are looking super thin!!!

    :D

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like terrific fun! And, you do look super-thin and awesomely cute. No wonder that guy wants to marry you already!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look soooooo good, and it looks like you had a lot of fun too! Yay! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The comments that Allens making are enough to scare anyone off. That sounds so crazy to me... you only knew him a weak and he's making marraige comments. He HAS to know what a turn off that is.. lol Too funny ;) love the pics gf

    ReplyDelete