I don't have a ton to report today- I was so proud of myself yesterday because I was on point and did everything I was supposed to- from running 5 miles to eating healthy points and lots of water (no soda!). I've been taking time every morning to "plan" out my day- including setting goals for the day and just staying focused. It's really helping! Today for lunch I was a little hungrier than usual so I did overeat a little- I had 3 chicken strips that I grilled up, a yummy salad with cranberries and walnuts, and an apple, and then a spoonful of peanut butter. Doh! Haha, I know I know, I shouldn't have had the peanut butter, but I was just so hungry, and I don't have any sweets in the house- so it was the only thing I could find that was quick and "sweet". Plus, I figured...it's fatty so it will help fill me up. With all of the fruits/veggies and lean proteins I'm eating, I'm having a hard time staying full for long. But it's good! It's good. I feel lean and healthy today. :)
The weather out here is so gorgeous today, I'm having a hard time staying focused on work. :) I just want to be out and about! Tomorrow morning I will be running around though visiting high school counselors and meeting with students so it will be good. I can't wait. :)
Ok, one of my goals this month is to have more gratitude for my great life- so I am writing down things I'm grateful for everyday. Sometimes these things will go in my personal journal; sometimes they will be here. :) Today, I choose for them to be here! Why not share with my friends what I'm grateful for today?
1) Today I'm so thankful to God first and foremost for my life. I live in one of the most beautiful places in the world; I live in a wonderful country where I have the freedom to worship who and how I want, and I'm so grateful for that. I am truly blessed- everyday.
2) I'm also thankful for my mom and her continual support. As I'm struggling with this housing/moving situation, I call her everyday pretty much, freaking out. She always knows just what to say and how to comfort me. I love her for that.
3) I'm thankful for my job! I have a great job that offers me so much flexibility and opportunities. Sometimes it can be really stressful, and sometimes I have to work a lot, but I love it on most days.
4) I'm thankful my body- that it is healthy and strong, and that I have the opportunity to lose weight and "blossom". Some people don't have these opportunities! But my body works- it works completely, and it just makes me so thankful to have and I always want to take care of it.
5) I'm thankful today specifically for getting paid! Haha- I needed to pay some bills. It sucks that all of the money has to go to bills, but at least I have the money to pay those bills and move forward! I'm so grateful for that. And I'm thankful I have enough to buy the healthy foods I want to buy that will allow me to continue on this journey. :)
What are you thankful for??