Monday, September 20, 2010

It's all about me.

I just got done watching the movie: Supersize me.

Has anyone seen this movie?  What did you think of it?

I couldn't help but think back to my McDonald's rendevous about three weeks ago (right before I decided to do Fat Flush again I went there 'one more time' to celebrate).  I hated it and decided I would probably never eat it again.  Of course, I haven't really thought much about it since then; I don't eat fast food that much anyway.  Tonight, after watching this movie, I have decided yet again that I will never eat it again (McDonald's).  Well...okay, I occasionally go there for a cone- but that will be IT!  It was interesting and insightful (this movie), to say the least.  I was blown away- but everything the guy said made complete sense to me.  Especially watching the children's school lunch scene- frightening and so disturbing.  What are we doing to our children?  It made me so sad and sick to watch those scenes.

Today is my 1 year anniversary of my blog. Go me! :)  It's funny too, because I ran into the guy I was dating back then, today (Marty).  It was good to see him, but I'm glad it's over.  I'm glad that year is behind me- I feel like I'm in such a better place now- even though I'm not dating anyone at the moment.  I've lost about 12-14 pounds since this day a year ago too.  Today (vs a year ago), I'm in a normal BMI range (BARELY).  I had a long talk about it with my friend today (our BMI's) and even though I'm still on the high end, it makes me happy to know I'm at least in the right range again.  I'm so thankful I have this blog and friends out there who know what I'm talking about, listen, and support me.  Thank you to all of you who read and comment on my blog.

This weekend was "eh" as far as diet goes.  "So/so" at best.  I was doing pretty good until tonight- another friend of mine cooked up a huge dinner and 12 or so of us went over and enjoyed.  Oh...the food was soo good, of course I over ate everything and have been laying in a state of pain for the last 5 hours.  Why do I do this to myself?  I thought for sure I wouldn't over eat because I wasn't that hungry when I got there.  But low and behold I did it again.  And I didn't work out yesterday or today (I never work out Sundays) because Friday night I went out and was too tired yesterday to work out (I didn't sleep in).   I DID have fun though.  My friends and I went to dinner and then randomly went dancing.  It was so great to have my girls with me!  And I'm not beating myself up- for those of you who think I might be.  I'm just stating that it wasn't the best weekend as far as diet.

Do any of you read Bitch Cakes blog?  Have you read her post about her meeting when she reached goal weight?  Well, she wrote that she gets a lot of emails that ask her- how long did it take you?  And she said- it takes how long it takes (basically- I'm paraphrasing).  You can read it here if you're interested: http://msbitchcakes.blogspot.com/2010/09/weekly-meeting-topic-road-to-goal.html  That whole post, but especially the "it takes how ever long it takes" really resonated with me.  It takes as long as it takes.  I'm not upset about my weekend because I know I'll get up tomorrow and work out and eat healthy and be back on track.  It will take as long as it will take- but I can continue to chip pounds off my body until I'm at goal weight.  I would like to be under 140 by Christmas.  Now, if you look at my weight chart on the right there- you will see that I am not that far off from that at all.  However, I do not tend to stay under 140.  I usually get there and then bounce back up.  My goal is to get there, and stay there for awhile.  So I'm giving myself several months to make this happen (and to keep it there).  It takes as long as it takes and I'm okay with that. I am having fun, meeting new people, and enjoying my life as I work on eating healthier and making working out a bigger part of my life.  I really do wake up in the mornings and feel so blessed to have my life.

I could go on but it's 2 hours past my bed time so I'm going to close up shop.  Go rent the movie if you haven't seen it yet- it's really eye opening as to what fast food is doing to our nation.

XO!

D

5 comments:

  1. Wonderfully thoughtful and insightful post. :)

    And--NORMAL BMI!!! Woohoo! :D hahaha That is very cool!

    Thanks for your comment on my post. Yep, we're gonna do this thing. My blog's birthday is next week. :)

    Remember when we started--we didn't know what to do with the award badges? chuckle. That seems quite a long time ago, doesn't it?

    Soon, we're not going to know what to do with all of our clothes that are too big. :D

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you read & liked it. She's inspiring. Have a healthful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw supersize me a while ago, when I was pregnant and my diet consisted of french fries. And yuck. how gross is that?!!! And I love bitchcakes. talk about inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well Happy Blogiversary!

    Eh, who can live by diets, anyway? Sounds like you lived by life and that to me is what it's about. Diet the rest of the time and enjoy the special things. I'm just saying it out loud...cause since you did it...not like I gotta preach...not tryin to. :)

    Love it. Takes as long as it takes. And it's true. It's not a race. And it's likely we'll change the finish line a time or two, anyway. It is what it is. Me..I want to enjoy the journey and find that stressing about it makes it unlikely to happen.

    Great blog!!!

    ReplyDelete